Peter Lik Framed Commission

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MGK Harvey New Member • Posts: 1
Peter Lik Framed Commission

Hi everyone, My name is Matt Harvey, I'm from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

I am not an art expert at all and have no real interest in digital art or photography, so keen for some insight into a piece of framed photography I have come to acquire.

As context, in June 2019 my grandmother passed away from Alzheimer's, with severe dementia symptoms, in the years leading up to her death, as one would expect we heard the same stories being told over and over again.

One particular story was in relation to a trip to Cairns, that my grandmother and my late grandfather won in a local competition in 1994 (the year of my birth!)

They took the trip to cairns in which they spared no expense and returned with a lot of items from their travels which I have come to inherit including a framed photograph which I believe came from the shop attached to a local cruise tour operator company called Great Adventures in Cairns, Queensland.

The photo, which I have attached images of, has the artist referenced as "1992 Peter Lik Photography" which I believe might either have been a commissioned work for the Great Adventures company by Mr. Lik prior to his founding of Lik Fine Arts in 1997 or  purchase of usage rights in contract with Peter Lik.

I have also reached out the the company (still going strong!), but fully understand that 27 years is a long time, and any attempt to piece the story of this art together in context to my grandmothers trip to Australia all those years ago may be futile.

Keen to hear your thought or any suggestions on how I can find out more, somehow I don't believe I can just pick up the phone to Peter Lik to see if he remembers taking an image 27 years ago.

Many thanks,

Matt

Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef 1992

1992 Peter Lik Photography

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow