Dying Lumix S-1

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ATpix Forum Member • Posts: 55
Dying Lumix S-1

Hey Folks

Man. I can't believe the issues I'm having with my Lumix S-1s. One of my 2 bodies developed these random orange dots on the sensor, not just dead pixels but a small cluster of pixels. Fortunately it was still under warranty and Panasonic replaced the sensor. When I asked what the issue was they just said, "the sensor was dying, faulty sensor" I'd had it 8 months and honestly shot very little with it in that time.

Couple months ago I noticed some focus issues when using my Nikon Ais manual focus lenses. After testing both bodies with a few lenses and all my adapters in every combination I could think of it looked like the same body was no longer focusing at infinity. I suspect it has something to do with the sensor replacement. I'm going to retrieve it from Panasonic tomorrow.

Today my other body refuses to turn on. In the off switch position the top display shows the battery charge level. When I turn it on it shows either nothing with nothing on the rear screen or in the view finder. Or it displays some of the info it should on top and the first screen it normally shows on the rear when using manual focus lenses, which is asking for a confirmation of the focal length  setting. But that's it. It gets stuck there. None of the controls work and it won't even shut off when the switch is then set to off. If I pull the battery it shuts off. I've tried swapping fully charged batteries. Still nothing.

All I can say is that it's fortunate timing because I'm going the Panasonic tomorrow to retrieve my other body.

I guess I'm hoping someone is going to tell me I've accidentally hit the lock button or I just need to hit the reset button or something but I suspect this is not good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

AT

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow