EVF Resolution and Size

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PGH423 Regular Member • Posts: 404
EVF Resolution and Size

My main camera is the Canon SX70, but I want a camera with a better EVF and greater image quality. I've been reading the link below and am curious how big a difference in the clarity of viewfinders there really is once you get above 2.36 mp: https://www.neocamera.com/article/evf_sizes

The SX70 has a 2.36 mp evf that is .39 inches. I also got as a gift a used Fuji Finepix S1 just because I wanted something weather sealed. It has a 920K dot EVF that is 0.2 inches. The difference in the quality of the EVF view between them is gigantic. I know there would be a huge image quality difference jumping to a larger sensor camera, but I'm also curious if there would be a huge improvement in the clarity of the view through the EVF if it had at least 3.6 mp, .5 inch viewfinder compared to the SX70 viewfinder. I'm very curious what those 9.4 mp Sony EVFs are like also!

PGH423's gear list:PGH423's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS Rebel SL2
Canon PowerShot SX70 FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow