Distortion on Wide Angle and other Questions.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dbltfarmer
Dbltfarmer Senior Member • Posts: 1,008
Distortion on Wide Angle and other Questions.

I just received my Z6 II on Monday and have been experimenting and testing it over the last few days.   I don't have any Z lens so I have been shooting with only F lenses and the FTZ adapter.

My first question has to do with distortion on wide angle lenses.  I have used the Z with both my Sigma 20 mm F1.4 art lens and my Nikon 24-70 f2.8 non vr lens.   While reviewing the images it seems distortion is lessened by the Z6 over my D750 or D850.   Is that something in the processors or where the sensor is?  It seems to me that with the FTZ the distance from the lens to the sensor is about the same?  Will the distortion be less on the Z6 for a 14-24 f2.8 f mount lens?

Second question,  when using the f lenses with VR and you set the VR on the lens to normal are you still getting VR out of the camera, the lens or both.  Does the in camera VR only work with the native lenses?  How about my non VR 24-70 lens?  Will in camera VR work with it?

Finally,  I have found that I can crop more in post processing with my 500pf than I can with my D500 or D750?   I expected that on my D500 but with my D750 being a 24mp camera also I didn't expect any better cropping.   Is that because the Z6 II images are sharper and better focused?  I use single point on D500 and D750 for static subjects while I am using the pinpoint on the Z6II.

Dbltfarmer's gear list:Dbltfarmer's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow