FZ2500 or RX10 iv

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RJake1 Regular Member • Posts: 277
Re: FZ2500 or RX10 iv

sherman_levine wrote:

RJake1 wrote:

I took the plunge and ordered a Lumix ZS200 today (which I incorrectly referred to as a ZS100 ii above).
I hope to use this in lieu of my Sony RX100 ii as the Lumix offers quite a longer reach. Can't wait to test it out.

I'm still debating the larger models (RX 10 iv vs FZ1000 ii or FZ2500) but, heck, that's part of the fun!

That sounds like a good choice for you. It's a lot smaller than the other cameras you're considering. Most of the differences people discuss are "compare camera A with camera B and you'll see that..." rather than "does camera A give me a picture I'm happy with".

BTW, the metal curtain which covers the ZS200 lens at powerdown is a bit fragile.

Thanks for the tip about the shutter cover.  I'll be extra careful.  I still like the feel of a larger camera but, for now, I think the Lumix will give me the extra reach I need.  Coupled with my original RX10 I should be set for a while.  But, of course, "a while" simply means until I get the itch to buy something new again!!  LOL!

RJake1's gear list:RJake1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony a6500 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow