Battery grip for M series

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Biertje New Member • Posts: 22
Battery grip for M series

I'm currently in the market for both a new dslr as my main shooter (large wildlife and landscape mostly) and a small M series type camera to complement it when I don't want to carry a big camera round.

For me the perfect solution would be a battery grip on an m6 mk ii. This would allow me to have the compactness of M series when needed, but something a bit more balanced when attaching large lenses for wildlife. It would also give me the option to shoot vertically. Basically turning the m6 into a 90D and saving me the money on buying both.

I understand that there aren't currently any official battery grips for the M series. The only ones available are from the company that does 3D printed ones. These only offer some extra bulk to the camera and nothing else.

I have a buddy who is good with electronics so could potentially adapt one from the other lp-e17 cameras.

My question is: are there enough connections in the battery slot to even enable a vertical grip with button functions? Or are there only the battery connections?

Thanks for any insight.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow