ISO Bracketing in Z system

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP PankajDubey Senior Member • Posts: 1,444
Re: Correction -works in Aperture priority with rest of the settings as described.

karlreed wrote:

PankajDubey wrote:

karlreed wrote:

PankajDubey wrote:

karlreed wrote:

PankajDubey wrote:

Thanks everyone who chipped in.

I worked out that if you put the Z5 in manual mode, AUto ISO and e6 Mode M to flash only - then only thing that changes is ISO.

There is one catch- if Auto ISO is too low for +1.0 then it will lower shutter speed.

If Auto ISO range is is high enough then it will vary only the ISO and keep the shutter and aperture constant.

I couldn't get this to work for my Z6ii. In fact, it has now decided not to bracket at all.

Well, I have tried your suggestion, and, on my Z6ii 1.10 firmware it doesn't work.

And, reading the manual, neither t should!

Just checked and re-checked my settings -It is Aperture priority on mode dial - rest of the settings as above.Only when it crosses the ISO set threshold that is decreases the shutter speed.But it works in limited circumstances- you have to define the minimum shutter speed with flash in the Phot shooting menus - ISO sensitivity-> minimum shutter speed with flash.

The manual is pretty clear about what should happen in your clip.

It's possible that your work around is only effective for the R5.

I spent a lot of time on this..

Three photos in sequence with Exif showing bracketing.

and only ISO varies.

over +0.3 ISO 640

Exposure Bias 0 ISO 500

Exposure Bias -0.3 ISO 450

The logic is: The Aperture mode fixes the Aperture.

That leaves shutter speed- which is fixed by enforcing -the flash only bracketing and fixing the minimum shutter speed in AUTO ISO bracketing.

only when the highest level set for Auto ISO is reached does the system do anything with shutter speed.

-- hide signature --
 PankajDubey's gear list:PankajDubey's gear list
Nikon Df Sony a6400 Nikon Z50 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow