Topaz AI Sharpen, WoW !

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,091
Topaz AI Sharpen, WoW !
3

I'd love to hear your opinions, but wait... You should know that they just added some really great updates !

I say this, because some years back, I tried Topaz for noise removal and sharpening, and I had very mixed results. It seemed like if I tried enough different settings, I could usually make a shot a little better... Or should I say, both sharper, and cleaner. But it took a lot of time, and effort, and was very hit and miss.

So the new Topaz AI Sharpen, has added a couple of toggles that allow the program to pick basic settings for you, and I have found, that most often, they are spot on !

So I just downloaded the 1 month trial version, and I have went through and processed probably a hundred shots from the last 6 months. I'd say with maybe 5% it either did not help, or with a couple, it looked horribly worse. For the other 95% it made anywhere from a small positive difference, to a Holy #$#& ! I can't believe it difference !

Id love to post a few before and afters of the shots that it helped the most, but posting this from my phone, and I have those shots on my PC.

Might post those tomorrow.

Just curious and anxious to hear if anybody is loving the new Topaz AI Sharpen cas much as I am ?

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

 Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow