Film vs Digital - Is film really better?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lou Capeloto Senior Member • Posts: 1,432
Film vs Digital - Is film really better?

After having a discussion with an avid photographer friend who swears by film and he said you can always tell the difference between photos shot with film vs digital implying film was superior

Personally, I shot for film many years and still have film cameras but would not return to using film.

I mentioned if you use an old film lenses  on a digital (as I do on my Fuji X),  you would be hard pressed to see the difference in many instances and I did not see superior output from film (is it nostalgia from a time was simpler and less compicated?

Personally, I believe digital is more flexible, you can achieve almost identical results (if this is what you are looking for), no darkroom chemicals (and health issues) or waiting for the film to be processed at a lab which half of the time you may not care for, and cost.

I would like to see others opinions and experiences on this and it is a good way to increase one's knowledge and  learn from other peoples experiences

Thank you

-- hide signature --
 lou Capeloto's gear list:lou Capeloto's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T20 Leica M-E +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow