Purchasing a Drone before going to Hawaii, is it worth it?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
buratino
buratino Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Re: Purchasing a Drone before going to Hawaii, is it worth it?

kenju4u wrote:

Hey All,

I am strongly considering buying a DJI Mini 2 before going to Maui, Hawaii later this year. I am getting discourage to do so though after reading about how so many places are illegal to fly drones over. Such as all national parks and public places. If that's the case, where can I fly the drone? Is it even worth owning one?

Ken

I did it on the Big Island on this X-mass/New Year. I did not use my Mini 2 in a national park, but there were some opportunities. I do not regret buying it and taking it there. I had to learn to fly there. I put 3 short videos on youtube. Here's the link to one of them, a very simple one.

https://youtu.be/tmXxgrjBcVI

The other two are my experiments with somewhat more active cuts. A couple of more are in preparation.

Once I was even able to fly literally near the airport—upon requesting and getting (easy) approval, which was an interesting experience.

buratino's gear list:buratino's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GX850 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow