FE35 f1.8 on APSC

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OliverNZ
OliverNZ Regular Member • Posts: 235
FE35 f1.8 on APSC

Hi all!

A couple of days ago I bought an FE 35mm f1.8 for my A6600. (I also have an A7iii so can be used there...)

I was contemplating the 28 f2 as it is a great 42mm eq focal length and it was a tough choice so I borrowed both and did a comaprison. I also compared them both with a Fuji X-Pro3 and XF35f1.4 which I know to be a fabulous lens.

Long story short....the FE 35 f1.8 swepth the other two aside. It is a fabulous little lens - not cheap (I could have bought a Zeiss Touit 32mm for not much more) but the 35 is great! A nice 53mm eq focal length to go with my A6600.

Really a bit of FYI for anyone thinking about the 'standard' focal lenth thing for APSC. I also shoot a LOT at 50mm with my A7iii but it is bigger and heavier so I don't always want to carry it. My favourite lenses for that at the 50mm f1.4 SOny Zeiss and the Loxia 50mm f2.

Oliver

-- hide signature --

No, I don't have an iPad. Not getting one either.

OliverNZ's gear list:OliverNZ's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X100V Sony a7 III Sony a6600 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow