Why no 70-200/f4 S ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
csn
csn Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Why no 70-200/f4 S ?

Frankly, I am puzzled by the omission of this integral member of the f4 trinity, especially since the F-mount, and most other manufacturers' lineup include it.

I know there are other possibilities out there but I'm not interested in anything else then Z-mount.

For example, I'm not gonna get the AF-S 70-200/f4 since I'm in the process of unloading all my F-mount glass.

Also, as a hobbyist, I'm not interested in the f2.8 trinity because of weight and complexity (not to mention price).

And, since I already have the 14-30/f4 S, 24-70/f4 S, a natural addition would be to add the 70-200/f4 S but it's not even in the S-lens road map.

I know there is the 24-200/f4-6.3 (backordered in in most places in the US) but then what do I do with my 24-70/f4, not to mention, I would actually much prefer to have the constant aperture f4.

Also, according to the Nikon S-lens road map, there will be 24-105 and 100-400 which would nicely covers my shooting range but who knows when those will be out.

csn's gear list:csn's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow