Looking for a RAID 5 array recommendation

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Novelectro Regular Member • Posts: 161
Looking for a RAID 5 array recommendation

Hi All!

It's time to step my game up with more efficient and more secure storage, so I've decided I want to go with a RAID 5 or 6, but 5 more than likely.  I was just browsing BH and there are a ton of options and it's a world I'm not used to.  And frankly the ones that I see that seem reasonable, like this one don't have any reviews. I don't want to learn everything there is to know about these so I thought someone might be able to just give me a quick tried and true recommendation for me.

I'm looking for 12TB of useable storage minimum (so presumably that means 4TB x 4 bays) with decent read/write speeds and I'd prefer this not to cost a ridiculous sum of money.  Preferably less than $1k.  This is pretty new to me so I really don't know much about costs here.  If it's a purchase I can make that just has good drives already loaded then great.

Having said that, if this is the type of thing where doing some research and finding some stuff on eBay and throwing it together to save a ton of money - I can do that as well.  I'm no stranger at all to buying used on eBay but for this purchase it makes me a little more nervous.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow