Red35 'M43 still relevant for 2021?'

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,923
Red35 'M43 still relevant for 2021?'

These are my thoughts on the matter...

To me it doesn't make economical sense buying a smaller sensor camera if all your glass are F1.2 primes and constant aperture zooms. You're better off buying a Full Frame camera with quality F1.8 primes and constant aperture F4 zooms. The beauty of Micro Four Thirds are having the choice of smaller lenses and the option of buying a faster prime or zoom if you need one rather than buying an additional Full Frame camera and a lens or two onto of that.

My next point, on numerous occasions I'd to carry my father's Nikon DSLRs and I found them to be impractical. For example we were on tour guides around Cape Town after visiting Kruger Park for five days. So basically I had to help carry my father safari's set up while seeing Cape Town for a further five days. This actually led to me getting a M43 camera rather than a DSLR camera. Afterward on numerous occasions my father was envious of me using lighter gear.

My next point, if you do weight training correctly rather than do a body building program or follow bad advice on the internet. Do weight training correctly, you will find it easier to use heavier camera gear. For example I'm strong enough to comfortably shoot with a 600mm F4 handheld. I couldn't before when I was going to the gym doing 'body building'.

My final point, my father gave me his Z6 and the quality 24-70mm F4. The problem I have is the primes for the Z series are expensive. I'm looking at paying two grand for a trinity of primes and a further grand if I buy the 20mm 1.8 on top of that. So at the moment I won't buy any Z lenses until next year. I would rather spend my money on the GH6 this year and see if the situation change with the Z series next year. Looking at Full Frame and comparing it to both M43 and Fuji. The smaller formats allow you to be more practical not only in the field but also give you greater freedom in what you can buy.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow