Which lens on Z6II - 70-200 2.8G VRII or 24-200 S

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
baneand
baneand New Member • Posts: 18
Which lens on Z6II - 70-200 2.8G VRII or 24-200 S

Hi guys, so I am having doubts about which of these two lenses to get, because I have an opportunity to buy used, perfectly preserved 70-200 2.8G VRII for 1000 eur.

I understand that this 70-200 is professional beast and there is no doubt that it is better than 24-200, but I am amateur shooter which doesn't earn money from pictures but I enjoy taking them all the time. But this one is without a scratch and it is really good opportunity to get it. I can probably resell it later for the same price.

What is turning me off from 70-200 is size and weight of 1.5kg (still not sure how much is that annoying when carried on travel). But what is killing me is opportunity to have it for this small price. I like to shoot occasional self-portrait with my girlfriend and I use 85 1.8g for that now. But if I had 70-200 that would give new fresh focal lengths to our portraits, and also it will cover the missing telephoto range.

24-200 is of course versatile and travel friendly and that is also what makes me thing should I go for that and just keep 85 1.8 for portraits.

I just want to hear other people's thoughts on this.

baneand's gear list:baneand's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
awy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow