Canon RP or Fuji X-S10

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
minminx New Member • Posts: 4
Canon RP or Fuji X-S10

I am looking to buy a camera to shoot 4k videos. My budget is $1000 for the camera body and I can spend up to $750 for the lenses. I was considering Nikon Z50 before, then I have found its image a tad over-sharpened and I'm not a fan of Nikon's colors.

Now I'm in between Canon RP and Fuji X-S10.

I had a chance to see the Canon RP in person. Its colors are really rich. The sharpness at 4k might be a bit worse than Fuji. The kit I'm looking for comes with RF 24-240mm lens. The image quality of the lens is really good. Auto-focus in 4k doesn't work at all. 4k recording is cropped, yet it is still has good low light performance compared to APS-C sensor. It is generally not recommended for video, but for the price range I'm looking for it still seems to be a fine option.

Fuji X-S10 seems sharp. It has a good image quality and ibis. As far as I've seen its color reproduction is not at the level of Canon. The gradual auto-focus adjustment and constant brightness adjustment can be annoying. Fuji cameras in general has good dynamic range, although I found the dynamic range of the RP not that bad. I'm considering X-S10 with the XC 15-45mm kit. And a tele zoom that could be XC 55-230mm or a second hand Canon 70-200mm f2.8L, with which both Canon and Fuji kits would have similar prices.

Which one should I go for? Which one has better 4k video quality and usability according to your experience?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Canon EOS RP Fujifilm X-S10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow