PL100-400 lens + 1x4 TC + 16mm Ext.Tube Test

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 6,458
PL100-400 lens + 1x4 TC + 16mm Ext.Tube Test

I do like experimenting !

It is not possible to fit an Olympus 1.4x Tele-Converter to a Panasonic PL100-400 directly. The reason is because the front element of the 1.4x protrudes a long way forward, thus preventing the bayonet mounts from engaging by about 11mm or so.

However it is possible to fit the 1.4x TC via a modified 16mm extension tube. But of course this does also affect the lens operating parameters and as I like experimenting I wanted to see how well this would in fact work.

The combination of the 1.4x TC & 16mm Tube produced a magnification of 1.7x which was terrific and sharpness looked good to, however there are certain caveats to be aware of.

For the convenience of any who may be interested in trying this, I have published my very quick and dirty test on my website here.

http://www.t1000.co.uk/art-fotografia/articles/article_pl100-400_and_1x4_plus_16mm-ext.html

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow