Just got my P950

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elliern Senior Member • Posts: 1,042
Just got my P950

As some of you may know, I have been reading this forum for a few weeks.  I finally decided to try the P950 and received it this afternoon from B and H.  I did a quick in camera charge and took it out to see what I could find.  I managed to spot a male and female osprey sitting on top of a dead tree just down from our condo.  I got a few shots off and transferred them to my phone to view.  They were ok, one was actually pretty good.  They were good enough for first time using that I am encouraged I might actually get a really good shot one day (for me anyway) after practicing with various settings and learning to hold the camera still or lean on something solid. Going to try the suggestion of resting on my left arm and see how that works. I used my car door today. I have 30 days to try it out, but after the first 40 minutes of using it, I have high hopes it will be a keeper.  
I have copied a couple of others’ suggestions on settings.  I saved one in P mode, and plan to try out A and S modes tomorrow if weather is good. 
just want to thank everyone for posting all the helpful advice and suggestions.  
Excited to get out and find some birds or wildlife to shoot  tomorrow.

-- hide signature --

Ellie

Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000 Nikon D5500
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow