Simple apps for searching & viewing metadata (windows)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PandD New Member • Posts: 4
Simple apps for searching & viewing metadata (windows)

As context, I am a hobbyist and have become the designated family photo archivist. As my mother was also a hobbyist, I also have a meaningful number of old prints and slides as part of my "collection". I am embarking on a project to organize this collection - and the ongoing additions. This will include adding information through metadata to each picture which survives being culled.

I intend to share sets of photos with family members as I go. ie. "hey everyone who went on that trip in 2001 - here are the photos".

Now - what do I need:

As I don't expect others to have photo software to be able to search these photos and read all of the information I will have included, I need to recommend some free app that they can use. Windows still seems to be the most common OS amongst my family.

File explorer is pretty limited in terms of fields it uses so I am hoping for something that will look at the Location and PeopleInImage fields so I don't have to put in everything as a Keyword.

Suggestions on such an app?

If not Windows - good IOS suggestions?

Michael

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow