Issue with preview cache in LR Classic on Windows...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,334
Issue with preview cache in LR Classic on Windows...

Anyone else getting this error:

"Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches"

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

I've noticed it's a hit or miss (I have about 3 catalogs, all on an external drive, but it seems that it only comes up sometimes, and i follow the procedure and delete the cache and everything is fine.  But sometimes the problem comes back again later, anywhere from a week down the road to several weeks or more.

It's so far happened on two catalogs and on two machines.

It seems to be more of a software issue than a disk or computer problem as I don't have any other issues with other programs regaridng the SSD (such as it disconnecting) and there is nothing corrupt on the SSD.  I even did a full format and recopied my files back onto the drive after the last error but it has come back.  I've even create a new catalog from scratch and imported some photos.

I mean it could be the USB port but I've done copy tests with verification programs before and no issues.... I've also swapped out USB cables and pretty much anything else I can think of.  Even tried a different SSD.  Same thing periodically.

Thoughts?

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow