What are the best carry on sized tripods nowadays?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Novelectro Regular Member • Posts: 161
What are the best carry on sized tripods nowadays?

I haven't purchased a tripod in a few years because my benro mach 3 carbon fiber has been amazingly good.  But I have a lot of travel lined up for this year for paid gigs and I need something very good that will fit in a carry on.  My Benro Mach 3s wont, they're several inches too long.

I dont mind spending money at this point, I mean I'd RATHER not spend $1000 on a RRS but if it's clearly the best option then so be it.

I do a lot of timelapse and I will be using a sony 200-600 so the demand is pretty serious.  It needs to he sturdy.  It doesn't have to be feather light but it needs to be small enough to carry on a plane.  If it can also integrate a ball head into the folded design, and that ball head can manage the 200-600 then that would be perfect.

I know Gitzo has some stuff like that, but if I understand this correctly, the gitzo arca swiss engineering doesn't fit RRS plates.  At least that's what I thought I remember researching a few years ago.  If that's the case then a gitzo ball head wont work as I already have a bunch of RRS and wimberly plates.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow