Issue with manual focusing ysing camera connect

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarkP32 New Member • Posts: 1
Issue with manual focusing ysing camera connect

Hi all.

I have two 70d bodies that I am using with a 100mm 2.8 L macro (non IS).

I'm trying to photograph really small things like moss etc and focus stack several pictures to get a decent dof.

Camera Connect, in theory, allows you to focus in very small steps using its manual focus option.

I've connected to the cameras using WiFi and can use all the camera functions I need bar one. The focus steps only work in one direction. This means that if I need to reposition the focus I have to do it manually which defeats the object of using the software in the first place.

I've tried other methods of focusing, using a rail and manually turning the focus ring but it's not possible to move the focus in small enough steps to cover the subject in sufficient detail to achieve a sharp image after blending the stack of images.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any other suggestions on how to do really small changes in focus without finding a lot of money for a motorised focus rail or similar.

Thanks in advance

Mark P

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow