Sony ILCE-1 Sensor Measurements at PhotonsToPhotos

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Neuropsychology
Neuropsychology Regular Member • Posts: 331
Re: Solid, though current FF average results.

Paul Barnard wrote:

Magnar W wrote:

Fast Freddy wrote:

So many FF cameras these days are all about even. This one is about average. Honestly, PDR is no reason to buy another FF camera over this one because they are so close. The A7R4, A7R3 and this are almost in a dead heat. All 3 very good cameras.

Why would those who want a camera like the A1 even worry about dynamic range, when it is already up with the best? There are other features that are way more important.

I can tell you why in my case. I shoot A7Riii for landscape and it is perfect for that. However I also like to play with BIF which is beyond my skill level with the Riii. So the A1 is a realistic upgrade option for me provided it doesn't compromise over the Riii for my landscape images. Looks like it is just fine. It's only now that we see the data from Bill that we actually know it's up there with the best. It was all speculation and trolling to this point.

That's quite an expensive upgrade for BIF.  I went R5 for that   I also have a A7RIII

Neuropsychology's gear list:Neuropsychology's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Canon EOS Ra Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow