SLR Magic 25 T0.95 Cine III - First Images & First Impression

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bassam Guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,398
SLR Magic 25 T0.95 Cine III - First Images & First Impression

I've been kind of sort of looking for something faster than 1.8 for low low light but I am far too cheap right now to afford a 1.2.

I happened to notice an SLR Magic 25 0.95 C III for $244 (used) on mpb.com. Not a lot of reviews but Peter Forsgard has two on this lens. He likes the lens and has no vested interest in SLR Magic (unlike Olympus/OMDS).

The scene is very high contrast. It is a bright sunny day and I had to find shade to allow T0.95 on both photos...

#1 Focused on "DUAL" on the seat

#2 Focused on the "t" in "Montare"

Contrast, an alleged weakness, looks good. I'm not ready to judge the bokeh due to the harsh direct sunlight reflections but it does seem somewhat harsh for 12 iris blades.

At first glance, the 25 f1.8 @f1.8 seems only 1 stop slower than the SLR Magic @T0.95. More investigation is due.

For the clear glass and $244 price I am impressed... guess I'll have to start shooting videos!

Bassam Guy's gear list:Bassam Guy's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow