Leica Q2 35 anybody?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 11,416
Leica Q2 35 anybody?

Just had a look at this lens:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4605979283/leica-announces-apo-summicron-m-35mm-f2-asph

... and thought: would there be a market for one of these when paired with a Q2 body? I use an RX1RII at the moment but would rather use a Leica. It's just the 28mm and the fixed screen that I find are currently in my way to just "go for it" ...

Why doesn't Leica milk this a bit more? There is a strong following for the 35mm format, look at the X100 series. Or the above mentioned RX1 series ... add the Zeiss oddity and you might be mistaken thinking that this is an ok focal length.

With 46Mpx it would certainly be of interest for me as I often enough do portraits and the crop factor going all the way up to 75mm (7.5Mpx, on paper still good, but you know...) would be a more confident task.

A camera like that would certainly have some appeal for me ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7C Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow