GFX 100s + 80/1,7 and the Fujifilm menus...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Laci55
Laci55 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,055
GFX 100s + 80/1,7 and the Fujifilm menus...

Hi All,

Today I got my camera and lens and here are my first impressions and of course questions too because I am a very first time Fujifilm user...

The camera and the lens is a very well made "beauty"... Right now I am a Canon and Hasselblad user but I used lot of Nikon stuff too not so long time ago...

So my first impressions about the camera...

As I said very well made and I actually a bit surprised because I was not expected this feel of quality after using my Hassy...

The kamera is very ergonomic in the hands but I have a very lot to learn how to use this system...

When I got my Hassy it was very easy to begin to work with it and find all the stuffs I needed for my work but it is not the case with this camera... Many things are working on a different way and one have to find the new for me "hidden" things to work with this system...

The AF is very good and very fast in comparison with my Hassy. Very positiv surprise was the practical lack of shutter delay at the exposure...

The Fujifilm menu... oh My God is so unfamiliar for me now...

I made a kind of setup of this camera but I have many things I am not familiar with... I know it will be a start up time but anyhow...

Just a few for those of You who are familiar with the Fuji system stupid questions what I could not figure out after the first hour of using this camera...lol...

1, Where and how to choose the order of writing the files to the cards...?

2, AF point size... Yes I can go in the menu and find the different sizezby pushing the back wheel but I can not move the AF point on that augmented picture... I have to move the whole camera that the AF point should be on the place I wanted...

The long time laps when one wanted to see the taken picture is really bad...

I have several more things but I do hope I will find the answers soon for those questions too...

If I understand it right there is no way to process the RAF files at this moment...

I know Jim recommended to change the exif info to GFX 100 as a camera but I could not find any working exif editors for my iMac...

-- hide signature --

'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...' Kipling
www.imaginestudio.se

Laci55's gear list:Laci55's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS R Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EOS R5 +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow