Feedback on Sony-to-Canon electronic adapters please

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jbase New Member • Posts: 4
Feedback on Sony-to-Canon electronic adapters please

Hello! I own a Sony A6400, Sony FS100 and Sony FS700. I really love the idea of using lens adapters to try out used bargain lenses of all makes and times. But I am currently limited to Nikon lenses only, since I only have mechanical adapters and lens needs to have manual aperture control.

Canon EF lenses, however, use electronics to drive aperture, so I was up to buying an adapter to use them. I don't really need auto-focus since I only shoot inside, and it's either talking head or music performance where there isn't much movement anyway. Since all I need is aperture control, I am looking into Commlite adapters (which are the cheapest but aren't great with auto-focus as I gather).

However, I got scared off by a Youtube video where someone claimed an adapter like this fried their camera dead. So, my question is: have you heard of this actually happening to anyone or is it more of a made-up-for-the-sake-of-youtube-views story?

thank you!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow