New Fuji User - X-S1 - Aperture Priority Video (MOD Correct-Actually XS-10)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BenK944 New Member • Posts: 3
New Fuji User - X-S1 - Aperture Priority Video (MOD Correct-Actually XS-10)

Hello all,

Just picked up a new X-S1 and am trying to figure something out regarding aperture priority. First, and somewhat related is the aperture chatter/stepping just during normal use when moving from light to dark or vice versa. The camera doesn't appear to stop down/lock aperture until the shutter is half pressed. From what I've read this is normal Fuji behavior, not much can be done about it. I can probably get used to that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Second, and more frustrating is that video recording does not appear to follow the PASM dial. If I am in any of these(PASM) modes, video recording appears to switch to an auto mode when pressing the record button(bottom left says AUTO). Additionally, any video shot in this auto mode has terrible aperture stepping while recording. I can of course switch to movie mode on the dial, then select PASM from within the menu, however that's a bit of a pain for my use case. I mostly use the camera for shooting family/travel and switch between photos and videos quite a bit. When shooting people I typically keep the camera in aperture or manual mode and the aperture set wide open for a nice shallow DOF. I'm hoping I'm just missing a setting here, and that I don't have to switch to movie mode to get aperture priority video. That would be a dealbreaker for a camera I otherwise like.

Thanks,

Ben

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow