need to UK source coloured vinyl for food photography backgrounds

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chasg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,450
need to UK source coloured vinyl for food photography backgrounds

Hi all,

I'm going to be shooting some food for a client, and I need to source a background that can deal with food being on it (no plates). Vinyl seems to be the right surface, but I'm having trouble finding a UK vendor who has what I need. Can anyone help?

I'm shooting straight down, from above, so I just need large sheets (A1 or so in size aka 594mm x 841mm), and I need matte sheets a variety of colours, at least 16 different ones. Adhesive is a no-no, as I'll be repositioning frequently.

I was originally thinking of using A1 paper sheets: lots of colours, relatively cheap, but I'd have to throw out each sheet as it was used, as they'll get stained by the food (I need to move things around). So that got me thinking about plastic. Flexible and thin would be best (rather than rigid sheets), thus: vinyl.

I'm having trouble sourcing this sort of thing in the UK though, so I'm hoping that someone here can point me to a vendor who can meet my needs (lots of colours, A1 in size, matt, non-adhesive). Can anyone point me to a source, by any chance?

Just fyi: all my web searching so far has led me to flooring companies (who sell patterned vinyl only, or their rolls aren't wide enough), car wrap companies (limited colours, lots of glitter!), and craft companies (only small sheets, almost always with adhesive).

Many thanks in advance for any pointers!

Chas

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow