Nikon D3 used??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DevPreach New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon D3 used??

Hi All,

Well after being out of the world of photography for about 11 years(other than using the camera on the various phones I've had during that time) I'm coming back.   11 years ago almost my camera and lenses were destroyed in a house fire and I haven't been able to afford to replace them till now.    My aunt is selling some of my uncle's cameras and lenses after he passed away about 2 years ago.    I'm looking at buying his Nikon D3 along with his 50mm f1.4(Nikon), Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 VC DI USD AF lens, and his Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VC DI USD AF lens.   I'm not interested in video and I don't care about mirrorless so please keep your opinions about those things to yourself.   All I'm looking for is a camera that I can use to take pictures of my nieces and nephews at their various sporting events and family events(birthdays, holidays, football, baseball, soccer, and weddings etc) as well as be able to take to the zoo once in a while and get pictures of the animals or the various cityscapes of the Pittsburgh area.    Is the D3 still viable for those things today?   I have looked at the shutter count and it's below 30K and I know my uncle took excellent care of his gear these things could pass for brand new the way he took care of them.

Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow