A6600 update is on its way :)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 1,150
A6600 update is on its way :)

I'm probably not the first person to think about this but I've decided to go for the a7r4. Prices are at a manageable level, used, £2.4k in the UK as people off-load for the A1 but the fact I can use it in FF and aps-c mode is a huge attraction. I tried one previously with the 24-105 and honestly I didn't enjoy shooting 60mp images for everything, so the 17-70 2.8 comes as a huge relief for me as this will probably be my main lens for general stuff and ensure 26mp raw over the 25-105 f4 range I enjoy. For landscape I'll revert to the full un-compressed 60mp resolution on a two lens set-up probably the Tamron 2.8's, more sedate, less files but better quality! For holidays, hiking revert back to the 17-70 2.8 and for wildlife with the 70-300 4.5-5.6 and the 200-600 I can use either in crop or FF depending if it's static or I need burst, either way I can play enough tricks to keep everything compact and only use 60mp when I think I'll need it, rather than all the time, my one big issue previously. I even considered the Sony 16-55 2.8, but I like the idea of the 17-70 and the 70-300 providing no gaps and I can use the 70 in FF if needed too as well, so the 70-350 is out too.

Here's how it stacks up next to the a6600, seems a very small weight premium for all of the extra benefits everyone is crying out for, but obviously it's at a cost premium, but how long will we wait for an actual A6600 update. This way I get my cake and eat it, I hope, now!

Anyone else thinking similar?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow