New to XT4 - IBIS and Clarity questions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,341
New to XT4 - IBIS and Clarity questions

Hi,

I picked up my XT4 yesterday and am still exploring the menus and setting up.  I have an IBIS question and a 'Clarity' question please.  (If it matters, I'm a stills-only shooter.)

• One can choose between the 'continuous' and 'shooting' options for IBIS operation (plus 'off'.)  If one chooses 'shooting',   IBIS only turns on when the shutter is half depressed.  How fast does it come up to full operation?  If the shutter button is not depressed at all, and then is quickly fully pressed through the half way switch, does IBIS work ?   Or is there some finite pause required at the halfway point for it to become effective?
  • And Clarity....  Has anyone tried it?  I expect that trying it out is the best option - shooting a test image of a subject with it on and the same subject with it off, and then compare the images.   What can be seen?   Worth doing?   Leave it on all the time?  Why turn it off?  Eg, by comparison, I leave Lens Modulation Optimization on all the time - it seems to have no disadvantages......  (that I've observed).  Is it the same with Clarity?.

Many thanks,

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow