Cleaning dust from the sensor - a6500/6600 easier compared to a6000?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
philzucker
philzucker Veteran Member • Posts: 9,206
Cleaning dust from the sensor - a6500/6600 easier compared to a6000?

I'm a notorious lens swapper on my a6000 body, because I like to experiment with a lot of old and new lenses. The adaptability of the NEX mount and its small flange distance is wonderful for that.

What's less wonderful is the dust cropping up on the sensor regularly, no matter how careful I am while changing lenses. A rocket blower has become an almost constant companion for me for most lens changing events. All the same dust gathers. And I'm really not sure what the "sensor cleaning" option in the a6000's menu really does? Is it worth activating it before using the blower?

Since there is no IBIS with the a6000, I wonder if the a6500/a6600 fares better with the dust problem being able to shake/vibrate the sensor for dust removal. What are your experiences with the effectiveness of that, compared to a non-IBIS a6XXX? Is it much better? If so, getting a a6500/6600 would be a viable upgrade path for me and my lens swapping habit ...

Thanks for any info on this!

Phil

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow