Is the Eye AF, dynamic range and high ISO on the Canon R6 good?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kabalyero
Kabalyero Regular Member • Posts: 289
Is the Eye AF, dynamic range and high ISO on the Canon R6 good?

Hello everyone. As the title says, just wanted to get your "hands-on experience" with the R6, particularly on the three listed performance parameters.

I've read/watched countless reviews and they all point towards really good performance in terms of Eye AF (basically a tie with Sony as the industry leader), dynamic range (not as good as the competition but plenty enough especially compared to my 6D2) and high ISO performance  (perhaps a stop better than my 6D2). I tried to get my hands on a sample copy to at least play around with the camera but the 2 stores I tried which have it either flat out said no or simply said the display unit cannot leave the display aquarium. Perhaps there is very short supply but regardless, I didnt get to feel the camera so I wanted to get people's opinion, especially on the practicality and performance of the Eye AF since the other two parameters have testing data from DPR.

Thanks and stay safe!

Kabalyero's gear list:Kabalyero's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow