Sony RX10 iv $1000 repair

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tsakisboy New Member • Posts: 8
Sony RX10 iv $1000 repair

I am debating weather I should pay to have my camera repaired or if I should just cut my losses.

I bought Sony RX10 iv in 2019 for a one year trip around the world with my wife and kids. I loved the big zoom and the compact size. Great for traveling, wild life and sneaking people shots from afar.

Unfortunately the trip was cut short due to travel restrictions.

Shortly after the one year warranty expired the camera stopped working. I sent it to Victoria Camera Service Ltd. for an estimate. They told me it needed Sony parts and would cost between $750-$1000 to repair.

Now what?

The reason I bought the camera was for travel. I don’t use it that much when I’m at home. We do plan to take another sabbatical leave but not till 2024. By the time that trip comes around I might be looking to upgrade. Also I don’t really trust the build quality of the camera and I have my doubts about weather it would last till then. My old Canon rebel saw a lot more abuse and continued to preform.

So if I were to get it repaired I suppose I should be looking to sell it while it still has value.

Looking for advice. Is it worth $1000 to fix this camera?

Please weigh in I’d love to hear some opinions.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow