DxO PhotoLab 4 versus Lightroom 6.1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Better-DY Regular Member • Posts: 101
DxO PhotoLab 4 versus Lightroom 6.1

Appreciate perspectives from people that may have used both. I have used and been reasonably happy with Lightroom and never felt I really wanted or could afford a subscription based service (I know there is a whole debate about 'value' of the subscription service), but putting that to the side, wanted to discuss the captioned. Believe I am fairly proficient with getting most out of the older version of LR. However, I do wonder about alternative editing software like DxO PhotoLab 4 and in particular whether any key features like their promoted "DENOISING AND DEMOSAICING" features are materially better than the what is available in the noise reduction features of LR 6.1. Main area of specific interest is probably more geared around MFT but I also shoot FF too and obviously would have applicability there I assume.

Before I download the trial version and spend a lot of time pixel peeping and comparing, testing functionality, just hoped to get a sample perspective of how materially different, better and worse DxO is to it. Others software versus the original LR that might make measurable step-function change improvements? Thanks.

Better-DY's gear list:Better-DY's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow