LG UltraFine 5K Display

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael
Michael Contributing Member • Posts: 658
LG UltraFine 5K Display

This week I decided to upgrade my monitor.

I've been using the 16" MacBook Pro for the last 1.5 years to edit my photos and it's been fine however lately I've been wanting a 5k monitor to connect my laptop to for times I want to be a bit more productive, see better, and enjoy the beauty of a 5k monitor.

I have to say this monitor is amazing - editing images is pure joy.  Now mind you this particular monitor works best with apple machines.

The simplicity of having a single thunderbolt cable connected to my laptop which also charges my laptop is nice.

The very high 228 ppi makes text and images look so smooth and clean - I really wanted the similar experience of my MacBook Pro screen, love the glossy screen and clarity.

The price point of this is somewhat bearable at $1299- and while I wish it was a 32", the 27" is same as my iMac screen so I'm use to it and is plenty big for editing images in my book.

Not sure if anyone else has experience with this monitor and what your thoughts are - but I'm loving mine after only a few days.

-- hide signature --
 Michael's gear list:Michael's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow