The way back to image-making

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M4cr0s
M4cr0s Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
The way back to image-making

Life, eh?

I've had a few quite lacklustre years in terms of photography. Change of relationship status, medical stuff (sight) and a general lack of inspiration and motivation. Still made images, but often and except a few cases, uninspired and because they had to be made (work). Corona hit hard too.

As 2021 emerged I knew I had to change things up and find new focus and drive. So I grabbed the X-T3 and forced myself out the door, abusing Youtubers such as Thomas Heaton for inspiration and to rediscover my love for photography. What a time I've had! Made loads of images that I like. A couple that are actually even quite good.

But the most important thing, I feel photographically reborn and it doesn't matter if no-ne else than me like the stuff I make, who cares. Darn liberating

Here's 12, chronologically, since the beginning of February.

The first. Yeah, I know. But sometimes simply making a conscious effort, composing and tripping the shutter feels like having climbed a mountain, even if the end result is s***te.

But moving on.

I hiked my favourite path in the hills and enjoyed the freezing sunset.

Played with ice.

Did some night shooting of overphotographed architecture.

Did a bit of semi-abstract woodland photography.

Grabbed stuff with the long lens out the living room window.

Had some nightly fun in the fog.

Got up early to see the light and my favourite old railroad swing-bridge.

Stumbled across a funny composition on my way to another early-morning location.

Enjoyed the view of the city from above just after sunset.

Did catch a rare high-altitude cloud sunset.

And, climbed above the clouds and waited patiently for the light of the setting sun to streak over the fog that completely covered the valley.

Thanks for have a gander at this post!

Be well and I hope inspiration find you all.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow