Help a novice: sharp or unsharp images? Should I return my X-T30?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
geru Senior Member • Posts: 1,219
Re: Lens testing

giovirovi wrote:

Hi everybody.

Thank you for your help and for your kindness. I just went out to take a few pics to post here, to judge if the sharpness level is reasonable or not, since I am coming from smartphone and I really don't have a reasonable comparison. So, photos are made with a brand new X-T30 with a 35mm f2, also brand new. Simulation is classic chrome if I am not wrong.

The first 2 images are what's called acceptably sharp.

The 3rd photo i assume you were trying to shoot that Automobile in the field? Your problem with this shot is that you didn't shoot it properly. Look up the term Hyper Focal Distance/ Hyper Focus if you're going to shoot landscape or shots like that then you're going to have to learn about Hyper Focus.

The last 2 are confusing I can't find where you focused. They both seems to suffer from camera shake.

Your camera and lens are fine it's the operator who has the problem. Photography has a giant learning curve take small bites, don't become frustrated, and shoot, shoot, shoot as they say practice makes perfect.

geru's gear list:geru's gear list
Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow