If you are in the market for primes for your FF Sony ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 6,271
If you are in the market for primes for your FF Sony ...

... take a very serious look at the Sigma 24/35/65 Contemporary. The lenses are stunning. It starts with built quality and feel - and goes on to image quality and usability with the f-stop ring. After reading and watching a number of quality reviews, I decided to take the plunge. Theses lenses have done what Sigma's f1.4 trio has done for me on APS-C: It has revived my joy in using FF, in taking images. All three also seem to be nice options for my APS-C cameras. Mine are from Leistenschneider in Berlin who always offer a good deal. Once the weather improves, I will take more images outside. These lenses are exciting. Now all I wish for (and then nothing more ) is an extension of this series to 135mm - so that I can finally leave my beloved but big Canon EF135/2 at home. It is so great that Sigma finally decided to offer products that are realtively affordable, small and light (cause not as light as the Samyangs). Really, this is what the MILC form factor is all about. Not he GMs of this world (which are phantastic, don't get me wrong). But I can neither justify that kind of investment, not do I want to carry super fast glas around. And on top of all this: I got vaccinated against Covid yesterday! Michael

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +54 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow