ALL Cartridges Not Recognized

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Innocentius Contributing Member • Posts: 882
Re: ALL Cartridges Not Recognized

Rich42 wrote:

Welcome to the frustration of owning Epson printers. If it’s any consolation, your printer head was probably near complete failure before your efforts with cleaning and flushing the head.

Despite what you probably read on the Internet about the advisability of performing the procedures you described, you simply hastened the heads onto their ultimate deaths.

It simply doesn’t work. Flushing the head destroys the piezo elements inside.

The only insult you didn’t experience was a service technician quoting you a repair price far greater than the price of a whole new printer.

Rich

Every now and then I tend to buy an Epson because I really want to try BIG printing on a roll. And every now and then I am shied away by these kinds of posts. Worked with HP before (blue ribbon customer service!) and have a A3+ Canon printer now (which appears to be virtually indestructable and works happily with oem inks).

I only wonder if these Epson complaints are in line with their sales

Innocentius's gear list:Innocentius's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6010 Sigma DP1x Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sigma DP3 Merrill +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow