Just got G9 and DxO PL... hallelujah!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549
Just got G9 and DxO PL... hallelujah!!

I've had a quite a few cameras over the year and I've always loved Panasonic, for the build quality, loved their rangefinder style models and their innovative features like post focus and grabbing photos from 4k/6k videos etc.

But, was always disappointed with noise at anything above 800 iso, but the G9 is leaps ahead of the GX8 and G7 that I had in years past iso wise, ok, that's one big plus, the other is DxO Photo Lab Elite, OMG, seriously, I'm not one given to be overly 'wow' about stuff, but really, it is wow!

I never really found any software that could with minimal effort get higher iso shots from Panny to look good.

Was lucky enough to get DxO PL4 Elite for $70 odd, and by JUST using the Deep Prime option (not adjusting anything else at all) I'm able to get great quality jpegs from the RAW, see 100% crop comparisons below, the left side is the SOOC jpeg (2000 iso in the cat crops, and 3200 iso in the dead roses shot) and right is jpeg after using Deep Prime button on RAW file, no other adjustments at all... I'm amazed, yip its not quite my A9 at 3200 but its close and its more fun to use.

Open in gallery and look at bit closer, the difference is substantial. All of a sudden I wont mind shooting at 4000 or 5000 iso with my G9 whereas previously I wouldn't have gone above 2000 iso odd.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow