Image App sorted now (I hope!)....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kiwigirl
kiwigirl Senior Member • Posts: 1,846
Image App sorted now (I hope!)....

Last year my phone died a sudden death so had to quickly purchase a new one.  This new (Samsung A20) phone was absolutely diabolical at connecting to my cameras and if I did manage to get a connection after lots of twiddling - I still didn't know actually what it was I had done to make it work!

It seems to take an awfully long time to connect and then the phone says "connection failed".

The other night I got all 3 of my cameras to connect successfully on the first attempt.  I found that I need to go into my WiFi settings on my phone and turn off "auto reconnect" for my default home Wifi.  As the connection takes so long, the phone seems to give up and connect again to the default WiFi.  By removing this option the phone does seem to eventually connect with the camera.  It did take a bit longer to connect than my previous 2 phones but it did work each time.

My main use is to upload some photos to my phone to share on social media and I haven't tried this away from home yet, but maybe by turning off auto-reconnect on any/all Wifi options it may overcome this problem if you are having issues?

Just thought it might be worth mentioning in case it helps someone else?

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow