Adobe bridge and adobe photoshop colour and exposure issues

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eaphoto1988
eaphoto1988 New Member • Posts: 2
Adobe bridge and adobe photoshop colour and exposure issues

Hi all. I have just been crippled by adobe... I have a way how I was rendering my photos. This is how it goes - shot in raw, edit the raw file but save it in PSD (fast enough and no loss of quality... so far). I open the file in photoshop and do some edits like cloning, colour grading etc. That is then saved in PNG. From that file type I choose what to do with it. If I send them to FB then I save it JPG. I lose a little bit of IQ and colours degrade but since my file size is x1600 long end, I am happy with it.

Not long time ago I got myself un upgrade - new monitor. Calibrated it etc. It is a gaming monitor with all the blacklight functions which I have at neutral. Done an album with the same process and I was super happy with it. Now I am bored and started editing some old photos but after saving it in PNG noticed that it was very weird outcome - png files look very dark, details are gone, colours oversaturated on any of the sunsets or darker photos. When saved in JPG then it is even more weird - some photos look normal, some also as dark as PNG. It gets weirder. Opening any of those files in adobe photoshop make the image look normal - all the details are there, colours as indented. Basically, what I have done, I took a screen shot of a psd and png file as samples. Of course you won't see what I see because both saved in JPG after but you shout see that one is darker then the other. I work in sRGB, matched the colour settings by selecting EUROPE WEB/INTERNET 2. Changed my colour management on my PC, previews at 100% in bridge, restarted everything, but still the same outcome. I can't trust myself editing photos because my outcome online is not just some minor changes but drastic...

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow