Olympus Pen E-PL10 Overlay Multiple Exposure Mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
undertheeye New Member • Posts: 6
Olympus Pen E-PL10 Overlay Multiple Exposure Mode

Hi guys, on the suggestion of another member, I'm moving this post from the Olympus forums into this one, and hope someone can help!

I went to play with an Olympus Pen E-PL10 this morning at a local camera shop. I had a question regarding the multiple exposure mode on this camera. According to the manual, and in practice, I was able to combine two images I previously shot on the camera into a multiple exposure AND I was also able to take two or three consecutive images using multiple exposure mode (via the AP dial) with overlay working fine.

However, I couldn't figure out a way to choose a RAW image shot earlier on the card as a starting point to overlay onto the live view mode to shoot a new image. Does this make sense?

I then came home to find this article linked below, and it seems like pressing the menu button would allow me to use an older image to overlay onto something I could shoot live now.

http://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/learn-center/photography-tips/technique/incorporating-multiple-exposure-into-portraiture

Can someone confirm this? Maybe even with a PL9 or older model? I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do this, given everything you can do already with this camera.

Thank you all.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow