new 27" monitor 2k (QHD) or 4k UHD? and is budget enough for hobby?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,284
new 27" monitor 2k (QHD) or 4k UHD? and is budget enough for hobby?

Hi i try to use the abundant experience on monitors and photo editing around here.

i am searching for good but budget monitors.( just hobby and no monthly calibration or any other color control. i would calibrate the monitor once and leave it that way.

came around some interesting one's. but it's a lot of choices to cover. too much.

there is a lot of choice and a lot of choosing between which specs and each spec is countering an other..

So few questions:

1 27" is my max size. a 2k is around 109ppi and a 4k around 140ppi so both are enough i think. (armlenght viewingdistance) Which would you choose? and why? (i am not sure if 27" and 4k is for anything else then pixelpeeping a pain in the eye kind of manner. scaling is an option. (videocard is 4k 30HZ hdmi)

2 100% sRGB vs 98% sRGB coverage do i see that?

some screens are very good but just not 100% sRGB covering.

3 if you need to choose for a non hight adjusteable screen which is good and cheap or somewhat lesser screen but with very good vesa adjusting posibilities like these two:

AOC U2790PQU or the Philips 276E8VJSB (i am not font of the 90 degree angle out the back for the cables can be a breakage when the cable is janked out by something.)

other possible budget stretched choices are

Benq 2705Q 2k, if it's possible to stretch budget the pd2700u 4k (a really why would i pay over 500 euro wile i aiming for around 300 euro?)

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow