Quickly toggle back and forth between video and stills via remote?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug Greenberg Contributing Member • Posts: 784
Quickly toggle back and forth between video and stills via remote?

For some upcoming bird photography (grouse lek) I have a vision of being able to take both stills and video with my Z7, toggling quickly back and forth between them. It would be ideal to be able to do this using a remote release (wired or wireless, doesn't matter), hence not having to push buttons on the camera to accomplish this. One reason is not to vibrate the camera while starting video sequences, and another is that it might well be really cold and I might have gloves on. I would think there should be a way to have the camera preconfigured both for stills and video and be able to switch back and forth easily. I know I can use the custom menus to set the shutter release for video and switch back, but this involves getting into menus, however briefly. Is there a gizmo that can do this? I confess I am way more conversant with still photography than with video, and my knowledge of the particulars of my Z7's menus and settings is quite uneven.

Doug Greenberg's gear list:Doug Greenberg's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +12 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow