FZ300: Deleting photos using actual file names, not in-camera numbers

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobCS New Member • Posts: 12
FZ300: Deleting photos using actual file names, not in-camera numbers

I just bought an FZ300 and have checked the basic and advanced manuals, but can't find an answer to this question.
How do you delete individual photos from the camera based, upon the file name (i.e.: P1000173.JPG)? During the delete function, it only shows the in-camera number of each file, ie. 70/85, with no reference to the actual file name. And when many photos look similar on the small display it's hard to tell which ones need to be deleted, creating a tedious process.

My normal procedure with my Nikon camera is to download all the recent photos to my computer, delete the unwanted ones, and then compare the file names of my kept photos on the computer to their file names on the Nikon camera.

Is there a way for the FZ300 to display the actual file name of the photos during the delete function, or a setting in a menu to do this, rather than just seeing the "xx/85" listed in the display?

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow