Easy to use software to merge foreground with tracked milky way?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
indigoshrine Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: Easy to use software to merge foreground with tracked milky way?

Being a beginner in post processing and especially blending myself, I have tried out many methods and tools last MW season. See also https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4488468

Meanwhile I also gave a shot at a trial version of Luminar but was not happy with the results, so did not buy it (note that I am not an expert in PP Software handling and did not invest a lot of time into this - it might work better for others).

For me personally the best results could be achieved with either cloning around horizon line or - as already mentioned by others above - luminosity masks. It is more manual work, but at present I do not see any SW which can replace this properly. LR's 'select&mask' and 'color decontamination' are powerful tools which are a great help, so at least there is some kind of AI support.

I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong, so if you find an easier workflow that offers reasonable output, please share.

indigoshrine's gear list:indigoshrine's gear list
Sony a7 III Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow