Weeylite RB9 RGB mini lights by Viltrox

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Benjamin Kanarek
Benjamin Kanarek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,927
Weeylite RB9 RGB mini lights by Viltrox

Hi,

I am so excited. Just received my two Weeylite RB9 mini lights by Viltrox today. I will use them for our up and coming video and still shoots as ambient lights and in some cases key lights. I will also use it for effects in some of my up and coming beauty/fashion shoots.

What surprised me, was how powerful these little lights are. They are incredibly solid, made out of aluminium, with all of the buttons feeling very solid and confident.

I especially appreciate the versatility of these lights, especially when using them with the dedicated app that controls all of the nuances available, alleviating the bother of adjusting the light via the on light controls.

The light dome diffuser comes in handy and fits solidly on the lights, still allowing you to mount the lights in landscape or portrait mode, as well as the mini tripod, which can hold a cell phone and the light at the same time, great for vlogging or zoom calls or whatever other configuration you can imagine. Comes with a handy storage bag as well that holds the light and the complete tripod rig. I might try them out using my very fine opaque shoot through umbrella. I will upload my results asap.

Have Great Day

Ben

Looking down on the soft dome

Side view of the dome

Weeylite on showing the readout (very legible)

Weeylite on at 10% power

The Weeylite App is available from the App Store and for Android.

Benjamin Kanarek's gear list:Benjamin Kanarek's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-T20 +42 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow